Me & Troy!

Me & Troy!

Tuesday, September 14, 2010

Our Story: The engagement - Her Side

Troy and I had been talking for marriage for a little while, and a couple of weeks before my birthday, we started ring shopping.  He told me that he would propose within 6 weeks after my birthday.  This meant he had until September 28th.  In my typical, patient manner, I asked him every day to marry me.  It seemed like six weeks was SO LONG, and would never come.  I was positive that he was going to make me wait until 11:59 pm on the 28th to do it.

Troy had broken his phone and needed a new one, and when he got it, I stole it and put on his calendar "Propose to Beth" on September 10th.  I forgot completely about this.

During the week preceding September 10th, he told me that his Grandparents were going to take us to dinner at Henry's Fork Lodge.  I believed it was true, and so on we headed up to Island Park.  The week before, his Dad had been in Island Park and their family went to Yellowstone.   You're able to use the pass again within a week, and so we went to stop by their cabin to pick up the pass that he left behind.  Troy ran in to go grab it while I waited in the car.  He came out a couple minutes later and told me that he couldn't find it, and that he needed my help and ran back in. 

I went in after him, and as I opened the door, there was a candlelit path, with all the lights off.  It was so surreal, and I knew what it meant.  All I could keep saying was, "Are you serious!?" over and over.  Finally I got to the end of the path, where he was on one knee, with the ring.  It said "Marry Me" on the table in candles, and my favorite song, "You Have That Effect On Me" by Brad Paisley was playing.  He asked, "Will you marry me?"  Of course, I said yes.

It's been so fun ever since!  I just love that boy!


1 comment: